For most students, it has been around 60 days of Home Learning. This is a significant change in the routine they are used to, and it is very normal for students and parents to have mixed thoughts on the conclusion of Home Learning and return to school.
At St Rose, we are committed to helping ease our students back to school in a sensitive, smooth way so everyone can return to the very best approach to learning.
Our return to school:
What uniform should I wear?
We will return in summer uniform. There will be a focus on opening windows and doors to help ventilation, so please ensure your child has a jacket on cooler days.
What days are the canteen?
The canteen will be open on Monday and Friday and through online orders only, orders can be made through the QRK app.
What events are up next?
At this stage, we are waiting on confirmation on planned events such as the swimming carnival that have been cancelled. We will update you when and if anything is added to the calendar.
How do I drop-offs and pick up my child?
- Dismissal in the afternoon is as normal at 3.05 pm.
- Preferred drop-off and collection are via the ‘Pick up Zone’ on Rose Ave. Please stay in your car.
- Children may be collected from the gate however parents must socially distance and wear a mask.
What about vaccinations?
- All St Rose staff are fully vaccinated and only essential workers/visitors who are fully vaccinated will be allowed on site.
What is the policy on masks?
- All students are encouraged to wear a mask during the day while inside classrooms (students will need to supply their own mask, with some spares available at school).
Keeping our students safe in class:
- Students will not be mixing in different year groups during class time.
- No assemblies or gatherings will take place.
- Cohorts will be allocated different play spaces during morning tea and lunch.
- Students will be reminded of the social distance rule and enforced (where possible).
Personal Hygiene Practices
- Hand sanitiser will be placed in all classrooms (students may also bring their own) with sanitising on entering the classroom.
- Students will be reminded to sanitise or handwash before eating.
- Windows and doors will be kept open during class hours to ensure a flow of fresh air through the rooms.
Site cleaning during and after school:
- A school hygienist will continue to work on-site during school hours until the end of the year.
- The school cleaner will continue cleaning the school at the end of each day.
Restricted Visitors on site:
- No parents and non-essential visitors are allowed on-site during school hours (except under special circumstances that have been pre-arranged).
- QR codes must be used by every contractor or parent who is required to come onto the premises.
- Only essential workers or contractors that are double vaccinated will be allowed on site.
As you prepare your child/ren to return to school, this video by Dr Coatsworth may provide you with some support. It outlines the relative risks of transmission of coronavirus in the school setting. We have also included below some ideas that may help with the transition.
Helpful tips for parents and carers to support children
Supporting children returning to School
Helping children transition back to school in a Covid era
Supporting emotional regulation
Beyond Blue – Managing your child’s return to school