The study of PDHPE in K–6 aims to enable students to develop the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes required to lead and promote healthy, safe and active lives.
Content is organised into three content strands:
- Health, Wellbeing and Relationships
- Movement Skill and Performance
- Healthy, Safe and Active Lifestyles
Learning in PDHPE addresses the following contemporary health and physical activity concepts in age-appropriate contexts
- alcohol and other drugs
- food and nutrition
- personal identity
- mental health and wellbeing
- sexuality and sexual health
- health benefits of physical activity
- fundamental movement skills
- rhythmic and expressive movement
- individual/group/team physical activities
- initiative/challenge physical activities
- lifelong physical activities.
Self-management, Interpersonal and Movement skills are embedded throughout, to provide students with authentic opportunities to develop, strengthen and refine, as these are needed to live healthy, safe and active lives.